Home Forums Online Forum Topic for CASBO Conference

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jake
    Participant

Hello RM Roundtable team. We will be presenting at the BIG conference this year. Trying to come up with a title and determine what everyone would like to hear about. I really want to make it a beneficial presentation about disasters in schools and touching on the 4 phases of emergency management. Any ideas? I need a title. Thank you all and have a beautiful day!

Roy
    Participant

“Let me drop everything and work on YOUR problem” or “Lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on mine” “I solve problems you don’t know you have in ways you can’t understand” ” EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.. we do precision guess work”, PPRR, Prevention (mitigation), Preparedness, Response, Recovery……

Jake
    Participant

@Roy, that’s great stuff. “Precision guess work” LOL

Jill
    Participant

I know that what I have been looking for is information regarding staff asking for COVID related accommodations. We are receiving crazy doctor notes regarding the wearing of masks. It would be great to have reference information that can allow us to respond with what is currently required and/or if staff can even use these types of notes to get out from returning to the classroom.

Jaime
    Participant

We recently had a teacher provide restrictions of no mask wearing. In the accommodations meeting, the teacher actually suggested wearing two face shields in lieu of a mask. We checked with out district nurse, who confirmed that one face shield is not a replacement for a mask, but two face shields, one facing up and one facing down with the top one tucking into the bottom one will be acceptable. So we accommodated her restrictions with two face shields.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.