Home › Forums › Online Forum › Non-Service Animals
Tagged: service animals
- This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Sheryl.
- June 27, 2022 at 1:08 pm #28014
Does anyone have request form(s) for employees/guests to sign for “Non-Service Animals At school For Instructional Purposes”, (e.g. therapy dog, guide dog)? If so, under what conditions and is it in the course description? The current form we use is only for service animal requests. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!June 28, 2022 at 9:59 am #28328ChrisParticipant
Hello, We do not allow any NON-service animals to be live-kept in any classrooms (IE: NO Hamsters, fish, lizards, birds, etc). Students and Staff (Work Comp) with allergies and exposure to the animal’s waste was the original driver of that decision, aside from Insurance Carrier concerns of same.June 28, 2022 at 10:23 am #28484
Thanks Chris. What about a one=-time visit “guest” animal for instruction purposes?June 28, 2022 at 11:32 am #28645VictoriaParticipant
Our District have the following Board policy, and if it is an ongoing request, then the volunteer with service dog needs to provide COI and added the district as additional insured.
Board Policy as it pertains to service animals on campus.
1. The user shall provide information to the principal or designee establishing the individualized
training and certification of the dog, including a description of the task(s) the dog performs for the
2. The user shall provide information to the principal or designee establishing that he or she has
received proper individualized training and/or certification to handle, control, and supervise the dog.
3. The user shall ensure the dog is properly harnessed or on a leash at all times and wears an
identification tag that identifies the dog as a guide dog, signal dog, or service dog.
4. The user shall complete and sign a release of liability form, which shall release the district from
any and all liability for damage to persons, premises, or facilities caused by the dog. If the user is a minor
under the age of 18 years old, the parent/guardian shall complete and sign the Waiver and Release of
Liability form. By signing the release, the individual, or the parent/guardian if the individual is a minor,
agrees to assume all liability for any and all damage to persons, premises, or facilities caused by the dog.
5. The user shall be responsible for the care and conduct of the dog at all times. The dog shall be
under the user’s control at all times. The user is responsible for the cleanliness of the dog, including flea
control, to protect the health and safety of others.June 28, 2022 at 11:53 am #28802
Thank you!June 28, 2022 at 12:31 pm #28993ElizabethParticipant
Could you please provide us with the Service Animal Request form that you guys use?
CVUHSDJune 28, 2022 at 1:01 pm #29298June 28, 2022 at 2:51 pm #29584ElizabethParticipant
Thank you so much.
Elizabeth FrancoJune 28, 2022 at 3:35 pm #29861
Elizabeth, Here is another one I just came across for animals and instruction. 🙂June 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm #29876
Thank you Victoria!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.