Declination form for religious reason exemption

Home Forums Online Forum Declination form for religious reason exemption

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We have mental health providers who are required under the new order to be vaccinated with two exemptions, for religious reasons or medical reasons. I am trying to create a declination form for staff to complete for the religious reasons. Has anyone created a form for this purpose yet? Are you willing to share?
    Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for bringing this up!
    I haven’t seen what San Bernardino is doing.

We’re in LA County/ The LACO HOO says “A. Health Care Facilities” (see order Page 2, the list is long but does not say Schools) and “B. Home Care Settings” specified as either 1. Home Care Organization or 2 a Home Health Agency.
    h
    ttp://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/docs/HOO/HOO_HealthCareWorkerVaccination.pdf

Even if werec nontracted with one of those, wouldn’t it be the responsibility of that particular agency to vax their staff?

Watcha think?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is our understanding that all Adults weather Volunteer or paid that are on our campus must adhere. It is our understanding that we are responsible for anyone who is on our campus.

Russ
    Participant

I do not have a form, but you could model it after the Hepatitis B declination from Cal/OSHA: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/5193.html

Scroll to Appendix A.

Add check boxes for the reasons.

Rhonda
    Participant

Below is from HR expert Shaw HR Consulting
    You cannot mandate she wear a mask and violate her religion BUT she would then only be entitled to leave. She needs to wear a mask in the workplace per current public health K-12 guidelines.
    I would be sure to explain that while her religious beliefs restrict her from wearing a mask, the District cannot violate current OSHA and public health standards. As such, she would be accommodated with leave until such time either mask guidelines change. She can wear a mask or a shield with drape, but if those are both not options, she would be on a leave. (I assume she cannot do 100% of her job at home and as such, would only have the option of leave.)
    You can cite the language here in your communications with her as guidelines for ALL K-12 schools in California: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/K-12-Guidance-2021-22-School-Year.aspx

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Rhonda.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I may not have been clear She is not requesting not to wear a mask, she is declining to get vaccinated as per health order issued that all ental health proiders nee to be vaccinated. Thank you Rachel Shaws words though…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Googled this, found online from San Fran, the VACCINE DECLINATION (with a “Religious Belief Accommodation” check box) starts on PAGE 4 of the document

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/covid-19/files/declination.pdf

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perfect! Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

That Mask piece is SUPER HELPFUL too.
    Thank you!!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.