Larry, see below public seminar that our District is putting on this month.
FENTANYL AWARENESS SEMINAR (WED, OCTOBER 26, 6-7:30 PM, in Hill Auditorium): What Parents, Students, and Staff Need to Know About the Dangers of Fentanyl
Parents, students, and staff are invited to attend a seminar on Fentanyl Awareness. This seminar will feature expert presenters with firsthand knowledge and experience regarding the dangers of fentanyl and will also detail the Chaffey District’s multi-faceted strategy to help protect students and school sites from fentanyl and other illicit contraband.
• DAVID SALYER – Former DEA Task Force Officer, current Sergeant with the SBCO Sheriff’s Dept., and founder of the SBCSD Overdose Response Team
• DAVID LOOMIS – EMS Fire Captain for the City of Ontario. Captain Loomis was instrumental in changing the Fentanyl response protocol for SBCO, which led to countless lives being saved and ultimately a reduction of fatal overdoses.
• V.O.I.D. – (VICTIMS OF ILLICIT DRUGS). The V.O.I.D. non-profit organization was formed to raise public awareness of the immediate danger associated with the use of fentanyl and other illicit drugs.
• TONYA ANDERSON and Canine REBA – InterQuest Canine Detection Services canine handler and account manager, & active detection canine, REBA.
• GERMAN MARQUEZ, SB County Probation Officer, Focus West.
• PRINCIPAL TODD HAAG – Chaffey Substance Abuse Intervention (CSI) Program.
FENTANYL ALERT – CA DEPT. OF PUBLIC HEALTH (see attached)
The CA Dept. of Public Health recently shared an alert regarding Fentanyl, an extremely potent and often lethal synthetic opioid.
CA YOUTH AGES 10-19
• Non-fatal opioid overdoses more than tripled from 2018 to 2020
• Opioid-related overdose deaths increased 407% from 2018 to 2020
• Fentanyl-related overdose deaths increased 625% from 2018 to 2020