Reply To: California Department of Educations Science Safety Handbook – DID YOU KNOW?

Home Forums Online Forum California Department of Educations Science Safety Handbook – DID YOU KNOW? Reply To: California Department of Educations Science Safety Handbook – DID YOU KNOW?

Anonymous
Inactive

I sent that very same flyer out globally to all our faculty, staff and admin in prior years.
Then covid happened. Time to send it again to all! thanks for the reminder. 🙂

We do also cover disposal of waste (and myriad other safety topics) our Monthly Maintenance Meetings. We have a “Maintenance Lead/Site Coordinator” (classified bargaining unit position) at each of our sites, and it helps us a lot TO BE ABLE to work closely with them.

PS. We also have a once per year (or semester, depends) pick up of ALL Haz Waste at each of our sites. Designated a “Haz Waste Team” at each schools of one Vice Principal, the Chemistry/Science Teacher Dept Chair, Maint Site Coordinator, and me. Mostly e-mails for my part, reminders, it does help ensure waste is NOT MISSED FOR PICK UP. Google spreadsheet’ed Haz Waste Team Contacts, shared with group, AND with our Haz Waste Vendor. **IMPORTANTLY, it opens a space for dialogue, quick q & a, info sharing, etc.**

sorry, went long on my reply.
Thank you for sharing, and have a great upcoming 3-day weekend!