Reply To: Non-Service Animals
Home › Forums › Online Forum › Non-Service Animals › Reply To: Non-Service Animals
Our District have the following Board policy, and if it is an ongoing request, then the volunteer with service dog needs to provide COI and added the district as additional insured.
Board Policy as it pertains to service animals on campus.
1. The user shall provide information to the principal or designee establishing the individualized
training and certification of the dog, including a description of the task(s) the dog performs for the
2. The user shall provide information to the principal or designee establishing that he or she has
received proper individualized training and/or certification to handle, control, and supervise the dog.
3. The user shall ensure the dog is properly harnessed or on a leash at all times and wears an
identification tag that identifies the dog as a guide dog, signal dog, or service dog.
4. The user shall complete and sign a release of liability form, which shall release the district from
any and all liability for damage to persons, premises, or facilities caused by the dog. If the user is a minor
under the age of 18 years old, the parent/guardian shall complete and sign the Waiver and Release of
Liability form. By signing the release, the individual, or the parent/guardian if the individual is a minor,
agrees to assume all liability for any and all damage to persons, premises, or facilities caused by the dog.
5. The user shall be responsible for the care and conduct of the dog at all times. The dog shall be
under the user’s control at all times. The user is responsible for the cleanliness of the dog, including flea
control, to protect the health and safety of others.